Monday, March 1, 2010

Welcome to the 50s!

On Wednesday, Shawn's mom turns 50! So we decided to have a SURPRISE Welcome to the 50s party! We all dressed up - the girls in poodle skirts, the boys in white shirts and jeans (it took some coaxing). We then went to dinner - all dressed up.

Here are the kiddos. They were such good sports. They looked perfect!


Here is the whole crew! We were quite the sight!


The boys, sans attitudes:


Cutie girls!


I have to make it clear that the "Welcome to the 50s" means that she is coming in the 50s age-wise. NOT that she was born in the 50s (she missed it by just over 2 months!)
Happy Birthday, Kathy!

4 comments:

Paige said...

Can I just say that I love Poodles!!!
It looks like everyone had a good time, and every one is soooo good looking:O)

Wooden's said...

the skirts tirned out soo cute, good job lady.

Chelise said...

Adorable! Did you make them? So cute! BTW, are you moving to Sacramento? We just did. I met up with Sarah at the park and we are scheming to get you here - Carriage House 2010...bring the duct tape.

Christy Burnett said...

I LOVE THESE PICTURES!! I so welcome Kathy to the 50's club. Now she can join me!! Yea!!! Please teach Kathy how to do her own blog before you and Shawn leave Arizona. Please!! My son Ben taught me the basics and I post every Sunday and Kathy can too!! Thanks for giving her such a big birthday surprise. I sure love your mother-in-law. She is my good friend. She rocks!!! Good luck with law school!! Take care! I bookmarked your blog so I can check in with your famiy.