Monday, September 22, 2008

Passing along the information

I was at Shawn's cousin's blog and she had a great post about the importance of preventing gay marriage. It's one of those things that can easily be written off as it doesn't effect me, what do I care what they do, why not - I really like Ellen DeGeneres...
The truth is, it does effect us and we have the ability to help keep the sanctity of marriage as Heavenly Father intended, between a man and a woman. Arizona has this issue on the ballot this election- Proposition 102 - Voting yes says we want marriage in Arizona to be recognized only as union of one man and one woman.
I am including the link on Whitney's blog to the Divine Institution of Marriage from the Newsroom at lds.org.
http://newsroom.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/eng/commentary/the-divine-institution-of-marriage
I encourage you to read it and pass it along. It may help open your eyes on how this issue really can effect us.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Great post but Yes I do like Ellen! HAhahahahah

Monica said...

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi. How do you know the Caroll's?

It was so nice to see this post of yours. I have been discussing this issue with friends recently on both sides of the issue. This article helped me clarify why I don't agree with same sex marriage. Thanks.

Your family is cute. What cute little ones you have.

I am going to add you to my google reader and keep better track of you guys.